- Rural general practice experience day out
- RWAV Rural Clinical Placement Grants
- Rural health careers promotion grant
- Rural ambassador leadership grant
- Victorian Rural Health Conference Student Grant
Eight scholarships of $1,500 provide financial support for students undertaking a WIL placement in a regional or remote area of Australia as part of their 2019/2020 university studies.
Bendigo and Adelaide Bank is committed to supporting youth through various initiatives, including our annual scholarship program. Each year scholarships are awarded to full-time first year undergraduates studying at an Australian university or college campus for the first time.
Our scholarship program makes a significant difference to these hard working and talented students by helping them cover some of the costs of living and studying at university
The Australian Government Department of Health has approved the RAMUS Scheme providing 40 bursaries to RAMUS scholars and alumni to attend the 15th National Rural Health Conference in Hobart in March. The bursaries provide up to $1,500 to assist with registration, travel and accommodation ($1,500 for those that live further than 200km from the venue, and $750 for those living within 200km of the venue).
More Info: http://ramus.ruralhealth.org.au
- Australian citizen or hold an Australian permanent resident visa
- Completed final year of medical study in Australia & obtained their degree in the last 6 years
- CSP student that incurred a HECS-HELP debt
- Must have provided medical services or undertaken continuous training as defined by the Health Insurance ACT 1973 in an eligible RA 2-5 location
- Documentary evidence required
- Have a proportion of their standard CSP HECS-HELP fees (incurred for medical studies) reimbursed
- Able to reduce the period for reimbursement of the cost of their medical studies from 5 years to 2 years, depending on Remoteness Area
- Have HECS-HELP fees from medical studies reimbursed
- 1st payment made after continuous 12-month period of rural/remote work
- Get to pay off HECS! Goodbye debt!
- Perfect if you want to work in a rural/remote area – if not, why not?
- Help out rural communities by working in an area of great need
- Just complete an application form (only 4 pages!)
- Application Form
Up to 30 scholarships are offered annually, with a value of $10,000 per annum per student. Scholarship recipients are encouraged to seek employment in rural and remote areas following graduation.
Scholarships are valued at $3,000 each and contribute towards university living expenses for first year students. Up to four scholarships are available for first year nursing and allied health students. Scholarship recipients are provided with an RFDS experience which includes a day on the road or in the air with the RFDS crew, and are invited to speak at an RFDS event.
Provides a list of scholarships people are eligible for based upon their answers to six questions
Direct Link to Scholarships: https://indigenousscholarships.com.au/#/nav/scholarship
Need financial assistance with a rural placement? We can help!
One of WILDFIRE’s core aims is to assist and promote the pursuit of rural education and rural health. As such we have set aside funding to support students who are doing rural placements. The Grant application form can be downloaded by clicking on the link below. It should be filled out and returned to council for discussion and approval. Once approved funding will be available by way of reimbursement to help offset the cost of the rural placement being undertaken.
Please download the following forms:
Send your completed grant application to [email protected]